Tuesday 10 April 2012

Pinterest Love!

Have you discovered Pinterest yet? If not, where have you been?! It's been one of my best sources of inspiration since I opened my account late last year. Seriously, I have found some awesome tutorials and learned so much about crafts that I thought I was experienced in - turns out no matter how much you think you know, you can always learn something new!

So, for a while (read: a LOOOOONNNG time, maybe even more than a year...) I've been working on a t-shirt knitting pattern for my daughter. The pattern was in a UK based magazine and I had a LOT of problems with it. I won't name and shame the company, but I ended up blagging my way through the pattern as it was so badly written for the size I was making. Today, I finally finished knitting the main body of it and ended up with something a little like this:


I wasn't entirely happy with it - not that I expected to be with the amount of trouble I had with it - but I thought it just needed a little something to add to it. So, I began my quest. I knew that I wanted to add a crocheted edge to the sleeves and the bottom, but I couldn't find what I was looking for. Eventually, I stumbled upon THIS BLOG and decided this was just what it needed. It's simple to do and yet so pretty, it really finished off the sleeves nicely. I HAD to share this little gem of information, so I "pinned" it to my crochet-devoted board on Pinterest and within an hour, over 40 other pinners had repinned it, too!

So, here's what I did with this lovely tutorial:


So far, I have done this on both sleeves and am still doing the bottom part (there's almost 300 stitches in that round and I apparently cast off fairly tight...) but I'm really pleased with it and I'm also so pleased that I had the chance to share this information with so many other crafters!

You don't have a Pinterest account? Don't worry! Just drop me an email on thecraftyninjauk[at]gmail[dot]com with your preferred email account to use for registration and I'll invite you as soon as I can! I will warn you though, it's VERY addictive. Hope to see some of you there really soon!

No comments: