Monday 14 February 2011

Almost a year later....

Yes, I have decided to write a blog post again.

I haven't really got a good enough excuse for not posting, other than laziness, but I hope I can be forgiven.

I don't have time to catch up with all the projects I have done over the last year or so, but as a little background, I have had a VERY trying last few months. A big change happened in my life last November and it's thrown me out of sorts a little bit - actually - a lot. I won't go into detail here, I know some of you who may be reading this know the story, but I don't want to rehash personal issues on what is mainly a craft blog.

So, I have been crafting a lot more recently. I'm finding therapy in it, it takes my mind off of more poignant issues and have a lot more time for it too. I have taught myself to crochet quite effectively now and have been focussed on crocheting small items, whereas this time last year, I was knitting more.

Today, I have been blog-hopping to find small crochet items which can be used as embellishments for my cards. The one card I managed to complete today features a crocheted butterfly, with gems stuck on to decorate the wings. I wasn't sure about it at first, but I have had some positive response on my Facebook page so I'm feeling more positive about it. Please feel free to leave any comments.

DSC00063.jpg

So that's my post for today. I really hope I can blog more often and once again, I apologise that it's been so long!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Big hugs hon. Glad crafting is theraputic for you.
Your butterfly card is really sweet. You could add a brooch fitting on the back too.
Gemxxx

noodleBubble said...

Hi - managed to link - not sure why it wouldn't let you!?

I WISH I could crochet - whilst blog hopping the other day saw a tutorial for some lovely little crocheted flowers...

Happy Making X

TCN said...

Thanks Noodle! I have some flowers just itching to be added to cards! Crochet is pretty easy and makes up a lot faster than knitting, too! Well worth learning if you can!

Anonymous said...

yes keep up with crochet, I think that is the easiest fiber craft and really really addictive! Gemma is right, this butterfly would make a lovely brooch, too!