Saturday 27 February 2010

I'm soooo sorry!

I'm a terrible blogger, I really am. And you are all welcome to punish me. Facebook has been my main source of self-promotion, so if you want to see what's been going on, click the become a fan link just over on the right hand side of this post!

My last post was about the cardigan I knitted for DS. I managed to complete all parts of it, but I got really lost trying to do the button and buttonhole band, but my OH's mum is also a keen knitter and she has offered to complete that part and sew it up for me! So once it is done, I will get another picture uploaded. I just hope it will still fit him when it's done - he's 2 now and his age 2-3 clothes are getting small already!

I've also been knitting a few small toys. I made DS a small teddy which went down very well! DD now wants one too, but I'm making her a ragdoll which I'm sure she will love even more. At this point, all I have to do is knit the second section of her dress before sewing, stuffing and embellishing!

And I promised I'd update on the craft fair I did towards the later part of last year. For me, it was successful, but I could have done better! I had about 40 cards set out on the table, all OOAK and the table cost me £5 for 2 hours, which wasn't too bad, was only a small village thing. But two tables down from me was another cardmaking stand with 4 owners who were all making cards as thy sat there and had huge filing boxes full of cards. And there was me on my tod with a pair of scissors! So most people were buying from them which was disconcerting as I knew how much work I had put into each and every card. I did, however, sell 5 cards making £8 in total - a profit of £3. Not great, but it was a start!

I now have a Cuttlebug die-cutting machine too and I am hoping to get more organised soon and be able to churn out a few more designs :) For now, I'm sticking cardmaking on a backburner as a hobby.

Sorry again for not updating sooner!

2 comments:

MCatherine said...

Lovely to meet you! Hope you will stop by HERE to read, laugh and listen!

Lisa said...

Just Liked you on facebook and popped over here to follow you! I absolutely adore facebook and have been spending most of my time there over the past 2 1/2 weeks. Have 777 fans and my blog has under 150 followers. :) Would love for you to follow & Like back.

http://BlessOthersWithCards.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/blessotherswithcards - please add your links to my ~*~Link Love~*~

http://RaisingFutureLeaders.blogspot.com
My family blog, if you'd like to visit.

Lisa xoxo